What do I value?

This week in Collo we discussed the topic of things we value. Mainly we discussed the value of our own life and what we viewed as a positive human experience. Throughout this blog post I will be discussing the things I find value in that we discussed during class and sharing my reasons why. 


Often when people think of value they think of materialistic objects. They think of the value of a car being x amount of dollars or an item's worth in a trade. I would like to talk more about the type of life I value, and why that means more than any object that I could obtain while on Earth. I feel that living a useful life is the most important thing to value under the sun. I define living a useful life as helping others by sharing and giving your knowledge and abilities. Whether that includes financial resources you are able to share, or being a positive moral influence on those around you sharing what you have and know is the easiest way to life a useful life. I also feel that living a useful life will lead to a successful life and also a good life. 

Aside from the type of life you live, the things you value make up who you are. Personally I find value in the simple things that are not as complex or 'expensive' as things others may value. I value time, time to go and come as I please and time growing personally, intellectually, and spiritually. I value my relationship with God, I pray that he knows me as much as I strive to know him everyday. I value the talents and abilities that I have been blessed with musically and pray that I never take them for granted. I value the mistakes I have made because they have made me sharper in every decision I make and have now given me knowledge to share with those younger than myself. Not so that I can tell them the right decisions to make, but that I can tell them the mistakes I have made and allow them to pass their on judgement on a decision they will make in their own life. 

Comments

Popular Posts