Volunteer Hours: Nursing Home Worship

On Tuesday November 13th I was able to join the ETSU BCM and go to a local Nursing home and sing hymn's and play guitar for the residents. While there we played music for an hour and then afterwards mingled and met some of the residents who came and watched. 

Where music is such a big part of my life I love every moment I get to share the talents I have been given with others. Especially when it allows me to lift up Christ's name and worship with others. The residence at the nursing home are not able to get out often so bringing the music to them is the best way to throw some variety in their life. The 20 students that joined us gather chairs around Makala Carr (playing the banjo) and myself (playing the guitar) and sang through roughly 18 gospel songs.  Though we may not have came and volunteered physical labor to better the facility they're living in, we volunteered our time and impacted their day positively. 

Comments

Popular Posts