Volunteer Hours

Last Sunday at Higher Ground Baptist Church I was given the opportunity to participate and volunteer in their Secret Church night service. The goal of this service was to display how the under ground church is conducted in countries where Christians are persecuted. 

I arrived early on Sunday around 1 o'clock to help make the cards that were being handed out to the visitors arriving. After that we set up the sanctuary blocking of certain rows of pews to condense the sanctuary. We then helped explain the roles and positions to those students who were helping to direct those coming to the service. Once that was completed the group I was playing the service with went to prepare the songs we were playing. We had to prepare the stage and set up the sound to get ready for us to preform. Once the service start we led the worship service with five songs while those attending learned about persecuted churches and how they have to operate until the service ended at 8 o'clock. 

This volunteer opportunity was beneficial for me too because I didn't not know very much about the secret church before but was able to learn about it in my time spent at Higher Ground. I thoroughly enjoyed getting to give my time and share my abilities with this Church. 

Comments

Popular Posts