2017 Winter Percussion Ensemble Concert

Sunday night I was able to attend the ETSU percussion ensemble concert. This is a concert I have looked forward to all semester because not only does the ensemble largely consist of students in my friend group, but I have a history with the instructors also. ETSU's percussion studio has always preformed at a high level, and of course, did so Sunday night. Playing pieces from Sculpture in Wood, which is a highly difficult keyboard piece, to Shared Space which requires extreme technique and coordination to allow up to 5 players on a Marimba or Vibraphone at any given point. A near and dear friend on mine, Michael Lester, lead the ensemble through nearly every piece. This was even more enjoyable to watch because Michael and I started playing percussion at the same time in middle school and have been friends ever since. Watching this talented group was a pleasure and I look forward to attending the spring concert as well!

Comments

Popular Posts